Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Throwing characters along characters their BTB with.

So I apologize if this has been answered already, but my friends are having a hard time understanding this.

If I am throwing a character (dr.strange) away from me, and that character is BTB (base to base) with a different character, (baron mordo) can the thrown character hit the one it's BTB with?

I found an answer by Negoldar saying

"The throw will stop only if contact is made during the movement. Contact existing before the movement does not stop the movement from the throw. "

The big question is what is existing contact and what is new contact? Are we saying that the literal few millimeters of touching plastic between the 2 models is existing and that if any new millimeter (or smallest form of measuring, Planck Length) of contact is made, the throw is legal?

If that's the case do I even move the model? 

Can u describe or show an example of what Negoldar means, if my interpretation is correct we can't see a time when there wouldn't be new contact.

I attached a very crude example of the issue I'm having.

I believe that strange would slide along mordos base, which is making many new millimeters of contact , therefore stopping as soon as a new millimeter of contact is made.

Screenshot_20220827-022523.png

I'm incredibly new to posting questions online. I replied to your reply but it says hidden for some reason, not sure how or why but i hope u can see it.

I figure if you can throw a character into something there already touching then this should be possible.

I made another awful diagram of the same situation but with a different position for Mr.Mordo. I believe that in this example, there would be no new contact for strange and mordo, so Dr.strange would go the full distance.

Also everytime I've ever looked up a question for this game, %99.9 of the time you answered it. Thank you for your dedication and commitment to this game, your amazing!!!

Screenshot_20220827-211405.png

• 2 weeks later...

If a character can be thrown into another character or terrian their already BTB with. Which you have said before, but in the other thread it was clarified to be  "The throw will stop only if contact is made during the movement. Contact existing before the movement does not stop the movement from the throw. "

this has made my friend think u mean, If mordo and strange we're already in contact before the throw, he isn't stoped by mordos base unless he comes into contact with any other character or terrian besides baron mordo. Which directly goes against being able to throw a character into a character their touching.

Since MCP minis don't have quadrants or sides it has him confused on what "new contact" between the 2 mini's would be.

I feel that, forgive my very professional and official terminology here, original contact was the little micron of contact from the "front bit" of Dr.strange to the "front bit" of mordo,  as soon as the throw starts, Stranges' "front bit" will touch many new "bits" of mordo base, therefore stopping instantly.

Until I get an official answer my friend doesn't believe I know how throwing is done in MCP and won't play.

Sorry if this seems incredibly stupid. Thanks for all the help.

Screenshot_20220908-085501.png

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2022 at 1:34 PM, Antoon said:

I believe that strange would slide along mordos base, which is making many new millimeters of contact , therefore stopping as soon as a new millimeter of contact is made.

In this example, Strange would contact Mordo immediately and move nowhere, causing a collision. This is because the direction of the throw would cause the models to contact each other again.

On 8/28/2022 at 12:21 AM, Antoon said:

I made another awful diagram of the same situation but with a different position for Mr.Mordo. I believe that in this example, there would be no new contact for strange and mordo, so Dr.strange would go the full distance.

This is correct. Even though the models are currently touching, the direction of the throw is such that they would not contact eachother and this means strange will move the full distance.

On 8/27/2022 at 1:34 PM, Antoon said:

The big question is what is existing contact and what is new contact?

The major point to keep in mind when characters are contacting each other or contacting terrain features is that a new collision will occur if the direction of the throw would cause them to collide if the models could move past or through each other. If the direction of the throw would not cause them to contact eachother, no collision occurs.

• 1 month later...