Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Power is Only for the One Who Rules - Various Questions Answered

Moderator's note: The questions about how this superpower functions were all collected into this thread and have been answered together. The original questions posed by the community have been deleted from this thread to keep its size to a manageable level. 

For Red Skull, Master of the World’s superpower, Power is Only for the One Who Rules, these clarifications apply:

• Red Skull must spend at least one Power when benefiting from this superpower.
  • If paying for an attack, Red Skull must have the full Power cost available upfront. This is a requirement of making the attack that is not bypassed by the superpower
  • Red Skull can split the spent power between himself and another character. He may not split between himself and multiple other characters. 
  • This superpower is an Innate superpower so Root does not apply to its effects to it. This means Root on the allied character will not force an additional Power spend. If Red Skull is using an Active or Reactive superpower, Root on Red Skull will function normally. 
  • Leaderships are not attacks or superpowers. They cannot benefit from this Innate superpower.
  • Dazed allies cannot have their Power spent by this superpower as they cannot be affected by special rules.

• Negoldar changed the title to Power is Only for the One Who Rules - Various Questions Answered

Just to clarify, when you say:

• Red Skull must spend at least one Power when benefiting from this superpower.

This does NOT mean he must spend 1 of his own power, just at least 1 power from himself or the character he’s using power from.

that’s how I read it, but others in my meta are interpreting it as Red Skull must spend at least one power (from himself)

On 11/9/2023 at 10:29 AM, robageddon said:

Just to clarify, when you say:

• Red Skull must spend at least one Power when benefiting from this superpower.

This does NOT mean he must spend 1 of his own power, just at least 1 power from himself or the character he’s using power from.

that’s how I read it, but others in my meta are interpreting it as Red Skull must spend at least one power (from himself)

He must spend at least 1 power from himself